[Webtest] newbie qs about Canoo webtest - is data input into the browser?

Lisa Crispin webtest@lists.canoo.com
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:39:09 +0000

I'm kind of a newbie too and thus not the best person to answer your question, but I know that WebTest doesn't use any browser, just the http.  It is built on top of HTTPUnit.
-- Lisa

-------------- Original message from "Philip, Anil [ITS]" : --------------
Hello,
I would like to use Webtest to reduce the mammoth hours our test team is putting in.
I read the White paper and the samples, however was unable to answer a very important question: Is the data input into the Internet Explorer browser? or is it just a http simulator?
ie. I want (say) on the login page, the username, password to be input into the IE browser and the Submit Button pressed, not a http 'post' sent directly to the server.
Or put another way, Does Canoo use the java.awt.Robot class to input data into the web pages?
thanks,
Anil Philip
Sprint,
Overland Park, KS