[Webtest] newbie qs about Canoo webtest - is data input into the browser?

Philip, Anil [ITS] webtest@lists.canoo.com
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:07:56 -0500

But that would not be a valid test - since it is eliminating one layer
(the browser).
Am I correct?

-----Original Message-----
From: webtest-admin@gate2.canoo.com
[mailto:webtest-admin@gate2.canoo.com] On Behalf Of Lisa Crispin
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 4:39 PM
To: webtest@gate2.canoo.com
Subject: Re: [Webtest] newbie qs about Canoo webtest - is data input
into the browser?

I'm kind of a newbie too and thus not the best person to answer your
question, but I know that WebTest doesn't use any browser, just the
http.  It is built on top of HTTPUnit.
-- Lisa

-------------- Original message from "Philip, Anil [ITS]" :
--------------=20
Hello,
I would like to use Webtest to reduce the mammoth hours our test team is
putting in. I read the White paper and the samples, however was unable
to answer a very important question: Is the data input into the Internet
Explorer browser? or is it just a http simulator? ie. I want (say) on
the login page, the username, password to be input into the IE browser
and the Submit Button pressed, not a http 'post' sent directly to the
server. Or put another way, Does Canoo use the java.awt.Robot class to
input data into the web pages? =20
thanks,
Anil Philip
Sprint,