[Webtest] newbie qs about Canoo webtest - is data input into the browser?

Lisa Crispin webtest@lists.canoo.com
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:14:38 +0000

If you're concerned with checking browser-specific behavior, then WebTest would not be what you want.  In my experience, most browser incompatibilities are in client-side stuff like Javascript, which WebTest can't really test anyway.  If, like me, you are testing an app which contains little client-side code and works pretty much the same in any browser, WebTest is fine.  It certainly finds bugs for us!
-- Lisa

-------------- Original message from "Philip, Anil [ITS]" : --------------