[Webtest] How to implement a loop to check a status change?

Dierk Koenig webtest@lists.canoo.com
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:43:57 +0200

hi,
WebTest does not provide this feature 'out of the box'.
However, there may be some options for you:
0) Use the (still undocumented) sleep step to wait the maximum time.
1) Write your own webtest step. See the api doc of the extension package for
details.
2) If you just want to wait for the indexer and you don't need the webtest
specific
functionality, you can use plain ant steps (wait / waitfor / get).

cheers

From: webtest-admin@lists.canoo.com
[mailto:webtest-admin@lists.canoo.com]On Behalf Of Tize Ma
Sent: Mittwoch, 21. Juli 2004 20:09
To: webtest@lists.canoo.com
Subject: [Webtest] How to implement a loop to check a status change?

Hi, folks,
   I am testing a web app using Canoo webtest. For a particular page, I need
to do something like:

LOOP
  Sleep 30 seconds
  Verifytext for "Indexing completed"
  If previous step success, exit loop
END LOOP

   Is it possible to use Canoo script to achieve this? If so, could you tell
me how? (I tried to use repeat step, but could not make it to do what I
want).
Thanks a lot.
Tize