[Webtest] Paying my respect to the author(s) of WebTestReport.xsl

Siegfried Göschl webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:47:29 +0200

Hi Marc,

yor are right. The individual report file generation is broken
therefore I had to use a single result file for the Maven plugin.

The Maven plugin actually parsed the individual result files to
generate a master report therefore it was easily scalable to 100+
reports. It would be excellent to generate a report summary and a
HTML report file for each test.

And I also experienced the problem with Mozilla ...

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

On 23 Jul 2004 at 10:35, Marc Guillemot wrote:

> what about providing different stylesheets?
>
> In my case the one provided with webtest is not usable (gets too
big
> for ~100 webtests and isn't displayed correctly in Mozilla). My
xslt
> generates an index that links to each test report. My idea would be
> provide different xslt and to format the results of the selftest
with
> these different xslt to give users a broader choice. New
contributions
> could easily be added.
>
> Marc.
>
> Dierk Koenig wrote:
> > Hi Siggi,
> >
> > thanx for the praise.
> >
> > I first developed the xsl for CS and then tried to make
independent
> > of the organization. How did you find out? Only from the visual
> > appearance or have I left any trace of names? A lot of folks
helped
> > in improving this style: Carsten Seibert Thomas Jetzler Denis
> > Antonioli and the one that I just forgot to mention.
> >
> > There is an improved version that I'm going to commit soon.
> > (fixed anchor error,
> > fixed omitting steps from the statistics that are in group steps)
> >
> > Actually the xsl code has become pretty combersome and contains
too
> > much duplication. Denis and I thought about writing some WebTests
> > verify the xsl behaviour and then refactoring the xsl code.
> >
> > cheers
> > Mittie
> >
> > P.S. I'd like to encourage every WebTest user to play around with
> > the style in order to adapt it to his organization's corporate
> > style. We experienced that this can make a huge difference in
> > people's "buy-in" to automated testing.

Göschl,Siegfried
> > Sent: Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2004 19:59 To: webtest@lists.canoo.com
> > Subject: [Webtest] Paying my respect to the author(s) of
> > WebTestReport.xsl
> >

> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I had a look at the WebTestReport.xsl and it is simply amazing
> > whoever wrote it did a brilliant job (looks like Credit
Suisse?!).