[Webtest] Paying my respect to the author(s) of WebTestReport.xsl

Dierk Koenig webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:11:49 +0200

I would prefer having one default stylesheet in the
distribution and alternative ones under
http://webtest-community.canoo.com
in order to show what's possible.

cheers

From: webtest-admin@lists.canoo.com
[mailto:webtest-admin@lists.canoo.com]On Behalf Of Marc Guillemot
Sent: Freitag, 23. Juli 2004 10:35
To: webtest@lists.canoo.com
Subject: Re: [Webtest] Paying my respect to the author(s) of
WebTestReport.xsl

what about providing different stylesheets?

In my case the one provided with webtest is not usable (gets too big for
~100 webtests and isn't displayed correctly in
Mozilla). My xslt generates an index that links to each test report. My idea
would be to provide different xslt and to
format the results of the selftest with these different xslt to give users a
broader choice. New contributions could
easily be added.

Marc.

Dierk Koenig wrote:
> Hi Siggi,
>
> thanx for the praise.
>
> I first developed the xsl for CS and then tried to make independent
> of the organization. How did you find out? Only from the visual appearance
> or have I left any trace of names?
> A lot of folks helped in improving this style:
> Carsten Seibert
> Thomas Jetzler
> Denis Antonioli
> and the one that I just forgot to mention.
>
> There is an improved version that I'm going to commit soon.
> (fixed anchor error,
> fixed omitting steps from the statistics that are in group steps)
>
> Actually the xsl code has become pretty combersome and contains
> too much duplication. Denis and I thought about writing some
> WebTests to verify the xsl behaviour and then refactoring the xsl code.
>
> cheers
> Mittie
>
> P.S. I'd like to encourage every WebTest user to play around with the
> style in order to adapt it to his organization's corporate style.
> We experienced that this can make a huge difference in people's
> "buy-in" to automated testing.

WebTestReport.xsl