[Webtest] Is there a way to use the result of the test step to control the subsequent testing?

Ji Kim webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:37:06 -0700

I am doing something similar. I use <storexpath xpath=3D"count(...)"...>
to test the condition and use the saved value of property used in
<storexpath> in the <iF>. You can "save" dynamic properties using
<exportproperty>. (From what I tried, <iF> doesn't work with dynamic
property or embeded <verifyxxx>. If you know that <iF> should accept
<verifyxxx> as test, please let me know.)  =20

If you use <verifytext> then I think you have to do something
conditional in Ant build file since the test that contains the
<verifytext> will fail.=20

If there's some other way that's simpler, I would like to know.

-----Original Message-----
From: webtest-admin@gate2.canoo.com
[mailto:webtest-admin@gate2.canoo.com] On Behalf Of Tize Ma
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 12:57 PM
To: webtest@gate2.canoo.com
Subject: [Webtest] Is there a way to use the result of the test step to
control the subsequent testing?

Hi, everyone,
   Did anyone use the result of test step to control/determine test
afterwards? For example, after verify a text, if it is a success, do A,
otherwise do B. What I can think of is (1) save the "state" of the
result to a dynamic property (possible?); (2) "convert" the property to
true or false, and save to another property (possible?); (3) use the IF
step patch posted a few months ago to do the rest. Is this a feasible
approach? Thanks.
Tize