[Webtest] Is there a way to use the result of the test step to control the subsequent testing?

Tize Ma webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:04:12 -0400

Thanks, Ji.
I don't have to use verifyXXX. Your solution looks good to me. However, =
as I understand, <iF> only takes true or false for its if property. How =
can I take a property (either from storexpath or other means), and =
"convert" it to true or false?
Tize

-----Original Message-----
From: Ji Kim [mailto:Ji.Kim@cnet.com]
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 4:37 PM
To: webtest@gate2.canoo.com
Subject: RE: [Webtest] Is there a way to use the result of the test step
to control the subsequent testing?

I am doing something similar. I use <storexpath xpath=3D"count(...)"...>
to test the condition and use the saved value of property used in
<storexpath> in the <iF>. You can "save" dynamic properties using
<exportproperty>. (From what I tried, <iF> doesn't work with dynamic
property or embeded <verifyxxx>. If you know that <iF> should accept
<verifyxxx> as test, please let me know.)  =20

If you use <verifytext> then I think you have to do something
conditional in Ant build file since the test that contains the
<verifytext> will fail.=20

If there's some other way that's simpler, I would like to know.