[Webtest] log4j posibilities in Webtest

Dierk Koenig webtest@lists.canoo.com
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:00:54 +0200

we do production surveillance with http://bb4.com/.
Maybe that's what you are looking for.

BTW:
Log4j is not targeted at providing applicational functionality.
Anyway, one can use the SMTPAppender that comes with Log4j.
It could be used to alert an operator.

cheers

From: webtest-admin@lists.canoo.com
[mailto:webtest-admin@lists.canoo.com]On Behalf Of list@espenisaksen.com
Sent: Dienstag, 27. Juli 2004 21:21
To: webtest@lists.canoo.com
Subject: [Webtest] log4j posibilities in Webtest

Hi!

I am very new to Canoo Webtest, and I have a question about log4j and
webtest. I
understood that in log4j you can set the logging to different levels, and
depending on these levels log to different outputs.

What I am specifically interested in is if I can say that a certain fault on
my
website is considered a serious error and therefore it should send me an
e-mail
about it. But all the other faults should just be logged in at htm-file,
which
I can look at later on.

Is this possible to do with Webtest or do I have to go for JWebUnit or
HttpUnit?
If so, can anybody give me some links which describe how to do this?

Thanks,
Espen Isaksen