[Webtest] log4j posibilities in Webtest

webtest@lists.canoo.com webtest@lists.canoo.com
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:24:56 +0200

Quoting Dierk Koenig <dierk.koenig@canoo.com>:

> we do production surveillance with http://bb4.com/.
> Maybe that's what you are looking for.

Although it looks nice I am not looking for an entire surveillance system.
We basically just want to check that all form works, and that users are able to
download PDFs and such. We are a very small company, and we cannot affort to
pay lots of money for doing this.

> BTW:
> Log4j is not targeted at providing applicational functionality.
> Anyway, one can use the SMTPAppender that comes with Log4j.
> It could be used to alert an operator.

Sorry I donīt quite follow on this one. I was looking at using the SMTPAppender
in a way that if I check for downloading a PDF with Webtest and it doesnīt
work, I would like to send out an e-mail using this functionality.

I imagine this should be possible to implement?

Thanks, Espen