[Webtest] data driven and conditional tests?

Lisa Crispin webtest@lists.canoo.com
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 21:06:56 +0000

I hope someone might have advice or examples for me.

I saw the postings from Jason and others on data driven tests, and also there have been postings on using 'if' statements and conditional tests.

I have a situation coming up where I will need to test, when data X is input to the test, PDF doc A will come up, otherwise, PDF doc B will come up.  So I'd like to be able to drive the test with data, and use verifyPdfText to check that I got the right pdf.  But I'm not sure how to do it.

I need a simpler, more complete example of how to do this than what I've seen on the lists.  I don't know much about ant; a lot of the information in these postings is over my head.  I get the concept of driving the test with a csv file, but I don't understand where the tag to reference it goes - in the WebTest script itself?  Or in the build.xml?

There is talk in the postings of a <repeat> step, I don't know how that works.

Also much talk of the If statement patch, which I know Jeannie got to work, but is it actually in the build now, or do you still have to install a patch?  And is there an example of using the syntax in the WebTest script?

I apologize for so many questions, and I don't really know enough to even ask good questions.

Thanks,
Lisa