[Webtest] Re: Announcement: WebTest Result Viewer - alpha version

Dierk Koenig webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:01:22 +0200

Sure, the goal is to collect some feedback before putting it
in the distribution. I think this will take a few weeks.

The long-term goal is to provide other small gizmos like this
and bundle them to an application suite. The technology is perfekt for
doing this. Other gizmos may be:
- Click-O-Mat
  a MaxQ-like Recording Tool for WebTest.
  A first version is running but needs some spit'n polish before
  it can be released.
- WebTest Companion
  An editor that supports writing Webtests with showing
  "suites" as trees, test data as tables, refactors to modules,
  and helps using properties.
  (I have a first version of a throw-away ui-prototype)
- WebTest Runner
  like the IDE-plugins for JUnit.
  (no code for this, yet)
This would all run on the server in the same VM such that
the applications can share data and notifications.

puh...