[Webtest] Re: Re: Announcement: WebTest Result Viewer - alpha version

Dierk Koenig webtest@lists.canoo.com
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 12:59:44 +0200

Hi Roman,

thanx a lot for your thoughtful posting.

two clarifications:

Well, the procedure of producing an xml resultfile and visualizing
it afterwards has not changed at all nor is it about to do so.

WebTest still produces the result.xml files as always.
They still get reported via xslt.
Now, _additionally_ there is the WebTest Result Viewer, that reads
the _very_same_ result.xml file for interactive exploration.
You will find that the WebTest distribution site /
Build Info / Selftest Report shows the very same data as Html.

> By the way: how stable now result.xml format? Is it going to
> change in the near future?

The structure has been stable since the first version of
oct. 2001. It does not even change with new steps.
I currently cannot see any reason to change it.

cheers
Mittie