[Webtest] Re: Announcement: WebTest Result Viewer - alpha version

Marc Guillemot webtest@lists.canoo.com
Mon, 02 Aug 2004 14:56:36 +0200

>>By the way: how stable now result.xml format? Is it going to
>>change in the near future?
>

> The structure has been stable since the first version of
> oct. 2001. It does not even change with new steps.
> I currently cannot see any reason to change it.

it's not that right.
The html parsing messages have been added for a few months (even if the current xslt doesn't show them, what I think is
bad, but it is an other problem).
In some cases (eg some StepFailedException) it would be helpfull to provide more information and this will probably
require to extend the result.xml.
It would make sense to allow all kinds of ant steps to be contained within webtest testSpec. This will leed to change in
result.xml as well.

Marc.