[Webtest] Re: Announcement: WebTest Result Viewer - alpha ver sion

Lisa Crispin webtest@lists.canoo.com
Mon, 02 Aug 2004 19:39:40 +0000

I like the recorder to help get started, especially for a newbie.  I don't think there is any danger of Canoo WebTest being mistaken for a capture/playback GUI test tool.  The documentation should emphasize the purpose of the recording tool - just a little help getting started and saving some time and tedium, not something to be relied on for creating tests.
-- Lisa

-------------- Original message from "Erskine, Chris" : --------------

Although you are right that a recorder is not the answer for true testing, I feel that tying a recorder to WebTest can give you the best of both worlds.  You start by recording your scripts.  You add an editor which shows the page and allows you to highlight the text that you want to verify.  You then edit the generated script to add the steps that you need that the recorder does not support.

The recorder is just a method to help you get started.  You still need to maintain your scripts that are generated.

Chris Erskine

EDS Consulting Services
F5-EDS-001
2424 Garden of the Gods Rd