[Webtest] Cookies and WebTest

Vishal Augustine webtest@lists.canoo.com
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 12:02:03 +0530

Thnx Mittie.

The login/password validation and cookie setting is done by one server
process running at port 80.

The server pages are hosted by another server process running at a
different port - 8080. This means I need to come up with two "testSpec"
having two different "config" sections. I read somewhere that each
testSpecs works independently, which means the cookie set in one won't be
valid in the other. Hence I was trying to explicitly set the cookie. I
tried initially "Cookie" not "Set-Cookie", but it didn't work.

Perhaps what I read about testSpec was wrong. I'll give a try with two
testSpecs.

Thanks and Regards
Vishal

+

                      "Dierk Koenig"
                      <dierk.koenig@cano        To:       <webtest@gate2.canoo.com>
                      o.com>                    cc:
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  RE: [Webtest] Cookies and WebTest
                      webtest-admin@gate
                      2.canoo.com

                      08/04/2004 07:52
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      webtest

Hi Vishal,

first: typically there is no need to set any cookies explicitely.
this is all done under the hood. whatever the server sends as a cookie,
Canoo WebTest will send it back.
second: you tried to set the "Set-Cookie" header in an http request,
but "Set-Cookie" is only used in http resonse headers, i.e. what the
server sends to the client (browser). For setting a request header
(pretending the server sent a "Set-Cookie" before), you need to
send the "Cookie" header.

cheers