[Webtest] Re: How to handle multiple Links with ClickLink?

Lisa Crispin webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 06 Aug 2004 20:07:22 +0000

I agree, it's not likely that all our existing HTML pages will be updated, but the programmers are using id's in all the new HTML.

I use Ji's suggestion of storeregex to pick up the URL and use invoke when clicklink/clickbutton doesn't work for whatever reason.  Here's an example.  I send in the expression as a property because it can be different.

	<storeregex stepid="get type of adoption agreement"
		text="${adoptionExp}"
		property="adoptionType"
		group="1"
		/>

	<invoke stepid="get adoption agreement"
               	url="pdfsend?type=#{adoptionType}"/>

Jeannie Graham sent me these examples when I was starting out and they helped me a lot.

link code:   <clicklink
			stepid="Click Get a Quote button/link"
			label=""
			href="/NALController.srv?action=NEW_SEARCH" />

button code:   <clickbutton
			stepid="Click Next Page button"
			label="" >
				<form name="rate_form" />