[Webtest] Custom Step VerifyContentType added to community web site

Paul King webtest@lists.canoo.com
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:27:53 +1000

Lisa Crispin wrote:

 > Wow, all your contributions sound really cool.  I hope they get
 > integrated into the main build.  I'm still leery of trying patches,
 > I've never successfully gotten one installed.

Well, installation of the patches depends on various factors such as the
ant script you are using to run your tests and the versions you are
using but for the majority of users it should be a simple matter of
copying the supplied jar file (each contribution has one) into your lib
directory and adding an extra line in your webtestTaskdefs.properties
file. It *should* be simple - but we've all heard that before! Let me
know how you go.

A small number of the steps patch files in webtest.jar, so for those you
need to ensure that the downloaded jar is before webtest.jar in your
classpath. The instructions in the contributions go into the details. If
you are not in a position to alter your classpath you will then need to
rebuild from the source (also included).

Cheers, Paul.