[Webtest] Browser Recording Tool - Proxy settings

Guido García Bernardo webtest@lists.canoo.com
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 20:30:39 +0200

--------------000708000408080202080402

--------------080107030802070900040409

By default, Click-O-Mat is listening at localhost, port 8088.  Try with
this as proxy port.
It is no related with your server or the server you want to test.

Graphically:
Your browser <-------(localhost:8088)-> Proxy (Click-O-Matt)
<-------(localhost:80)-> The server you want to test

The steps you should follow (it works for me)
1. Configure your browser proxy (host=localhost, port=8080)
2. Click record
3. Go to the url you want to test
4. Click stop and save if desired

Regards,
Guido.

Lisa Crispin wrote:

>This is a great idea.  Unfortunately, I don't understand how to get the recording working.  What exactly do you put for the basepath?  I've never used proxy settings so I'm not sure what to put there.  I tried putting localhost and port 80 since that's where my server is running, but I got an unrecoverable error.  Do you click record, then bring up a browser and fill out the proxy settings, then record the steps?
>
>What would you put in the settings, for example, to record a Google search?
>thanks,
>Lisa
>

>-------------- Original message from "Dierk Koenig" : --------------
>

>>I'm happy to announce the alpha version of the new
>>Click-O-Mat, a recording tool for Canoo WebTest.
>>
>>You can alpha-test the current version under
>>http://webtest-community.canoo.com/wiki/space/Click-O-Mat.
>>
>>The current version allows to click through your
>>web-application under test while the Click-O-Mat
>>recognizes what links you clicked or what form you
>>filled and submitted.
>>
>>The tool creates a proper Canoo WebTest from your actions
>>that can be saved for later execution as an ordinary test.
>>
>>Features:
>>* recognizes basic link and form actions
>>* constructs proper "locators"
>>* init/start/pause/resume/stop/save livecycle
>>* configurable defaults and templates
>>* works through https !
>>* i18n support (currently english and german)
>>* extensive logging when needed
>>
>>This is a starting point and lots of important
>>functionality is to be added.
>>
>>I'm happy about any kind of feedback.
>>http://webtest-community.canoo.com/wiki/space/Click-O-Mat/Feedback
>>
>>cheers
>>Mittie

--------------080107030802070900040409

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
<tt>By default, Click-O-Mat is listening at localhost, port 8088.&nbsp; Try
with this as proxy port.<br>
It is no related with your server or the server you want to test.<br>
Graphically:<br>
(Click-O-Matt) &lt;-------(localhost:80)-&gt; The server you want to
test<br>
The steps you should follow (it works for me)<br>
1. Configure your browser proxy (host=localhost, port=8080)<br>
2. Click record<br>
3. Go to the url you want to test<br>
4. Click stop and save if desired<br>
Regards,<br>
Guido.&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>
Lisa Crispin wrote:<br>
</tt>
 cite="mid082320041736.2691.412A2B1700016F7600000A83216037596402079F9C079D0CD20E9C0704@att.net"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap=""><tt>This is a great idea.  Unfortunately, I don't understand how to get the recording working.  What exactly do you put for the basepath?  I've never used proxy settings so I'm not sure what to put there.  I tried putting localhost and port 80 since that's where my server is running, but I got an unrecoverable error.  Do you click record, then bring up a browser and fill out the proxy settings, then record the steps?

What would you put in the settings, for example, to record a Google search?
thanks,
Lisa

-------------- Original message from "Dierk Koenig" : --------------

</tt></pre>
    <pre wrap=""><tt>I'm happy to announce the alpha version of the new

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://webtest-community.canoo.com/wiki/space/Click-O-Mat">http://webtest-community.canoo.com/wiki/space/Click-O-Mat</a>.

The current version allows to click through your
web-application under test while the Click-O-Mat
recognizes what links you clicked or what form you
filled and submitted.

The tool creates a proper Canoo WebTest from your actions
that can be saved for later execution as an ordinary test.

Features:
* recognizes basic link and form actions
* constructs proper "locators"
* init/start/pause/resume/stop/save livecycle
* configurable defaults and templates
* works through https !
* i18n support (currently english and german)
* extensive logging when needed

This is a starting point and lots of important
functionality is to be added.

I'm happy about any kind of feedback.
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://webtest-community.canoo.com/wiki/space/Click-O-Mat/Feedback">http://webtest-community.canoo.com/wiki/space/Click-O-Mat/Feedback</a>

cheers

</tt></pre>
<tt><br>
</tt>

--------------080107030802070900040409--

--------------000708000408080202080402

begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Guido Garc=C3=ADa Bernardo
n;quoted-printable:Garc=C3=ADa Bernardo;Guido
org:IT Deusto
adr;quoted-printable;quoted-printable:Edificio Galileo - M=C3=B3dulo Azul - Oficina 203;;Parque Tecnol=C3=B3gico de Boecillo;Valladolid;Valladolid;;Spain
email;internet:ggarciab@itdeusto.com
title:Senior Developer
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.itdeusto.com