[Webtest] Browser Recording Tool - Proxy settings

Dierk Koenig webtest@lists.canoo.com
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:59:26 +0200

Hi Lisa,

> My basepath must be nothing, because my application doesn't have
> a base path.  The home page URL is localhost:80/control.jsp.

Make sure that basepath ist really empty and doesn't contain e.g. a blank.

> If
> I set the proxy settings to localhost, port 8088, I can't access
> my application at all, I get page not found.

This is a good sign :-) At least the proxy is used now.

> If I click the box
> that says bypass proxy server for local connections, my app
> works, but Click-o-Mat doesn't record anything.

You must select the checkbox such that local connections
are _not_ bypassed.

What browser are you using?
What is your operating system?
Did you see output on the console window? What was it?

Are you behind a corporate firewall?

cheers
Mittie