[Webtest] Browser Recording Tool - Proxy settings

Lisa Crispin webtest@lists.canoo.com
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 20:37:41 +0000

Thanks Mittie, I'm still not successful but see if you have more ideas.

-------------- Original message from "Dierk Koenig" : --------------

> Make sure that basepath ist really empty and doesn't contain e.g. a blank.

As far as I can tell, this is true.

> You must select the checkbox such that local connections
> are _not_ bypassed.

I have done this, but when I try to do anything in my app, I get Cannot find server or DNS Error.

> What browser are you using?
IE 6.0.2800

> What is your operating system?
Windows XP

> Did you see output on the console window? What was it?

This shows up as soon as I click record.

<!DOCTYPE project SYSTEM "../config/WebTest.dtd">

<project name="CHANGE HERE" basedir="." default="main">

    <target name="main">
        <testSpec name="MY-SCENARIO-NAME-HERE" >
            &config;
            <steps>
<!-- recorded with Click-O-Mat  by lcrispin at Mon Aug 23 14:31:49 MDT 2004

     using http

-->

When I click stop, I get this in addition:
            </steps>
        </testSpec>
    </target>
</project>

> Are you behind a corporate firewall?
Well, of course we have a firewall, but I'm trying to access something local, on my own machine.  Why would a firewall affect it?

Thanks,
Lisa