[Webtest] Browser Recording Tool - Proxy settings

Dierk Koenig webtest@lists.canoo.com
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 23:09:21 +0200

Hi Kim,

> I am also having trouble getting started. My application/web server is
> not local and I am using a Firefox (my default browser) on Window XP
> connected to internet via LAN without a proxy server.

Good choice of Browser!
(there also is a cool extension called switch-proxy that helps much
when using the click-o-mat extensively)

The network environment is perfect.

> When I start the tool, it says Not ready,

ok.

> initializing for a session w/o
> ever changing. But if I click on New session button, it says it's
> recording.

ok. Do you see any output in the textarea and on the console window?

> But nothing happens to the recording tool as I am clicking
> away on the browser. I tried browsing with IE. Nothing happens. I
> changed the browser setting to use proxy server (localhost, 8088) then
> the recording tool works records <invoke> but I can't get the page on
> the browser.

the <invoke> is a sure sign that the Click-O-Mat correctly
recognized your request. Do you see any output on the console window?

cheers
Mittie