[Webtest] Browser Recording Tool - Proxy settings

Dierk Koenig webtest@lists.canoo.com
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 23:29:33 +0200

> C:\click-o-mat>java -jar Click-O-Mat.jar
>  INFO (ProxyServer.java:80) - starting proxy on port 8088
>  INFO (ProxyServer.java:96) - proxy stopped

ok.

> > Beside your local server, is there any other web application in your
> > intranet that you can see in your browser (with proxy disabled)?
> Yes, there are other apps on internal machines that I can access.
>  I tried one with the proxy, same result.

1) make sure your intranet app works without proxy:
close all IE windows but one.
goto Tools, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings
uncheck "Automatically..."
uncheck "Use automatic..."
uncheck "Use a proxy..."
[OK]
click [LAN Settings] again to verify that your changes persist
browse to your intranet page
hit <shift><F5>
is your page correctly displayed?
2) same with click-o-mat:
start click-o-mat
in the "WebTest" tab set the "basepath" to the path of your intranet app
 (in http://myhost:80/mypath/anotherpath/... it would be mypath)
hit the "new session" button
-> template header is in the textarea
-> console window says proxy started on 8088
goto Tools, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings
uncheck "Automatically..."
uncheck "Use automatic..."
check "Use a proxy..."
fill in Address: localhost
fill in Port: 8088
uncheck "Bypass"
browse to your intranet page
hit <shift><F5>
what happens in
- your browser
- the click-o-mat textarea
- in the console window ?

> Isn't it midnight or something where you are?  :-0

Basel, Switzerland 11:28 PM
How about you?

:-)
Mittie