[Webtest] Browser Recording Tool - Proxy settings

Ji Kim webtest@lists.canoo.com
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:45:37 -0700

I think it may be something to do with how the firewall is set up for
LAN. There is nothing else in the text output area if I don't set up the
proxy server on the browser. If I do set the browser proxy setting and
make it consistent with the proxy setting on the tool, the tool records
the event with <invoke> and <verifytitle> but the browser can't get the
page.=20

I'll try this at home with my Mac outside my company LAN.
Thanks.

Ji
=20

-----Original Message-----
From: webtest-admin@gate2.canoo.com
[mailto:webtest-admin@gate2.canoo.com] On Behalf Of Dierk Koenig
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2004 2:09 PM
To: webtest@gate2.canoo.com
Subject: RE: [Webtest] Browser Recording Tool - Proxy settings

Hi Kim,

> I am also having trouble getting started. My application/web server is

> not local and I am using a Firefox (my default browser) on Window XP=20
> connected to internet via LAN without a proxy server.

Good choice of Browser!
(there also is a cool extension called switch-proxy that helps much when
using the click-o-mat extensively)

The network environment is perfect.

> When I start the tool, it says Not ready,

ok.

> initializing for a session w/o
> ever changing. But if I click on New session button, it says it's=20
> recording.

ok. Do you see any output in the textarea and on the console window?

> But nothing happens to the recording tool as I am clicking away on the

> browser. I tried browsing with IE. Nothing happens. I changed the=20
> browser setting to use proxy server (localhost, 8088) then the=20
> recording tool works records <invoke> but I can't get the page on the=20
> browser.

the <invoke> is a sure sign that the Click-O-Mat correctly recognized
your request. Do you see any output on the console window?

cheers