[Webtest] Browser Recording Tool - Proxy settings

Lisa Crispin webtest@lists.canoo.com
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:09:49 +0000

-------------- Original message from "Dierk Koenig" : --------------

> 1) make sure your intranet app works without proxy:
> close all IE windows but one.
> goto Tools, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings
> uncheck "Automatically..."
> uncheck "Use automatic..."
> uncheck "Use a proxy..."
> [OK]
> click [LAN Settings] again to verify that your changes persist
> browse to your intranet page
> hit
> is your page correctly displayed?

Yes

> 2) same with click-o-mat:
> start click-o-mat
> in the "WebTest" tab set the "basepath" to the path of your intranet app
> (in http://myhost:80/mypath/anotherpath/... it would be mypath)
> hit the "new session" button
> -> template header is in the textarea
> -> console window says proxy started on 8088
> goto Tools, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings
> uncheck "Automatically..."
> uncheck "Use automatic..."
> check "Use a proxy..."
> fill in Address: localhost
> fill in Port: 8088
> uncheck "Bypass"
> browse to your intranet page
> hit
> what happens in
> - your browser
I see the page, although if I try to click on anything, I get a not found error.
> - the click-o-mat textarea
Nothing
> - in the console window ?
ERROR (CodeGeneratingProxyObserver.java:41) - no response content type

> > Isn't it midnight or something where you are? :-0
>
> Basel, Switzerland 11:28 PM
> How about you?

When do you sleep??  It's 9 am here now.

Thanks for all your help!  I'm sure it's going to come down to something dumb that I missed.
-- Lisa