[Webtest] Browser Recording Tool - Proxy settings

Mike D'Ambrogia webtest@lists.canoo.com
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:05:13 -0700

-------------- Original message from "Dierk Koenig" : --------------

> 1) make sure your intranet app works without proxy:
> close all IE windows but one.
> goto Tools, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings
> uncheck "Automatically..."
> uncheck "Use automatic..."
> uncheck "Use a proxy..."
> [OK]
> click [LAN Settings] again to verify that your changes persist
> browse to your intranet page
> hit
> is your page correctly displayed?

Yes

Used www.google.com, no local web services on my system

> fill in Port: 8088
> uncheck "Bypass"
> browse to your intranet page
> hit
> what happens in
> - your browser

If I set the URL/Address on my IE 6 browser on w2kpro to port 80
(http://www.google.com) I see the initial google.com page.  But entering
anything into the text box results in nothing happening, the results
page never loads and the globe just spins and spins.  It finally times
out with a "The page cannot be displayed" msg.  Console screen never
changes after startup (see below).

> - the click-o-mat textarea

Nothing, when I click the stop button it just closes the steps tag out
but no new step info from the session is in there.

> - in the console window ?

M:\webtest\click-a-mat>java -jar Click-O-Mat.jar
 INFO (ProxyServer.java:80) - starting proxy on port 8088

./conf File settings

-------- WebTest.properties:
# Properties for the Click-O-Mat "WebTest" Tab
# used for the WebTest Code Generator
# The values provided here are default values that can be changed
# at runtime in the GUI

protocol=http
basepath=/  ***(tried it with and without the slash here)

# relative to a classpath root:
WebTest.Template.File.Name=/webtest.template.xml
WebTest.Indentation.Tab.Count=4

------- Proxy.properties:
# Properties for the Click-O-Mat "Proxy" Tab
# used for setting up the proxy and displaying its properties
# The values provided here are default values that can be changed
# at runtime in the GUI
proxyhost=www.google.com
proxyport=8088
status=

-------- Https.properties
# Properties for the Click-O-Mat "Https" Tab
# used for setting up information needed when pretending https
connectivity
# The values provided here are default values that can be changed
# at runtime in the GUI

webtest.truststore.file=<mytruststore>.cer
webtest.truststore.passphrase=<optional>
webtest.keystore.passphrase=<mypassphrase>
webtest.keystore.file=<absolutefilename>.epf
webtest.keystore.alias=<optional>
https.initializer.class=<com....MyConnectionInitializer>