[Webtest] Newbie help with logon using form and javascript ...

Greg Vatman webtest@lists.canoo.com
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:26:01 -0700

In these cases I usually submit the form directly.  I created my own =
custom step, but someone else had posted a step on here ealier this =
year.

http://lists.canoo.com/pipermail/webtest/2004q1/001434.html

My application is fairly javascript heavy and I've managed to get around =
most problems.  Only certain innerHtml uses have forced me to use =
<invoke> to pass parameters.

- Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: webtest-admin@gate2.canoo.com
[mailto:webtest-admin@gate2.canoo.com]On Behalf Of Dierk Koenig
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 12:52 PM
To: webtest@gate2.canoo.com
Subject: RE: [Webtest] Newbie help with logon using form and javascript

Hi James,

welcome to Canoo WebTest!

It appears that you have an image button, not a submit button:

<INPUT alt=3DSubmit border=3D0 cache
            src=3D"../images/buttons/bc_Submit.gif" type=3Dimage>

compare with the our selftest examples at
http://webtest.canoo.com/selftest/reports/WebTestReport.html#testspec16

I'm afraid your button neither has a name nor label attribute.

Given the amount of JS in your app I feel that our current version
of WebTest will not be of much help for you ...

Anyway, I'm curious how much you still can achieve.

so long