[Webtest] RE: Newbie help with logon using form and javascript ...

Burnash, James (James)** CTR ** webtest@lists.canoo.com
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 14:50:15 -0400

All,

	Wow - what an immediate outpouring of response and assistance - thank you all so much!

Unfortunately ... I'm afraid I'm not really able to understand some of the responses, due to my own lack of knowledge. I'll take this advice and try to puzzle through how to add custom step(s), and what the heck that means. Plus, I see a lot of "=" signs in these postings that don't seem to have anything to do with mathematical equality. Don't even ask me about the 3D stuff :-(

	If anybody would like to point me to the resources that seem indicated by my befuddlement, I promise to read them diligently before asking anymore questions that I might not understand the answers to :-)

Thanks!

Jim

 In these cases I usually submit the form directly.  I created my own =
custom step, but someone else had posted a step on here ealier this =
year.

<http://lists.canoo.com/pipermail/webtest/2004q1/001434.html>

My application is fairly javascript heavy and I've managed to get around =
most problems.  Only certain innerHtml uses have forced me to use =
<invoke> to pass parameters.

- Greg