[Webtest] RE: Newbie help with logon using form and javascrip t ...

Erskine, Chris webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 07:50:20 -0500

Note that the = signs at the end of the line is a MS feature.  Ignore them.

Chris Erskine

EDS Consulting Services
F5-EDS-001
2424 Garden of the Gods Rd
Colorado Springs, CO  80919

Phone: 719-535-6064

Phone:
mailto:chris.erskine@eds.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Burnash, James (James)** CTR ** [mailto:burnash@lucent.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 12:50 PM
To: 'webtest@lists.canoo.com'
Subject: [Webtest] RE: Newbie help with logon using form and javascript ...

All,

	Wow - what an immediate outpouring of response and assistance -
thank you all so much!

Unfortunately ... I'm afraid I'm not really able to understand some of the
puzzle through how to add custom step(s), and what the heck that means.
Plus, I see a lot of "=" signs in these postings that don't seem to have
anything to do with mathematical equality. Don't even ask me about the 3D
stuff :-(

	If anybody would like to point me to the resources that seem
indicated by my befuddlement, I promise to read them diligently before
asking anymore questions that I might not understand the answers to :-)

Thanks!

Jim

 In these cases I usually submit the form directly.  I created my own =
custom step, but someone else had posted a step on here ealier this =
year.

<http://lists.canoo.com/pipermail/webtest/2004q1/001434.html>

My application is fairly javascript heavy and I've managed to get around =
most problems.  Only certain innerHtml uses have forced me to use =
<invoke> to pass parameters.

- Greg