[Webtest] state of webtest. can webtest follow this link?

Edgar P Dollin webtest@lists.canoo.com
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:23:25 -0400

If you run a set of tests that is too large, you run out of memory.  i.e., I
have a large set of tests, each run individually, if I run the whole set I
run out of memory.  In my case about 75 individual tests.

Since I run webtest on the same machine as my web server, I have run
extensive memory tests on my application and there are no major leaks.
Additionally the application runs fine in production.

I tried to work around the problem by closing and reinvoking the JVM but
that only mitigated the problem.  I have seen a number of other posts on the
issue as well so I assumed it was a known problem.

The combination of poor javascript support and out of memory errors has
cooled my initial excitment about the tool.  If those two problems are
resolved then webtest could be a major help in building my application.

Thanks

Edgar

---