[Webtest] Click-o-matic issues

Philippe IMOUCHA webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:49:09 +0200

I have the same type of issue
My webapp just refer to images in the html code using img tag!
You mention that we must mention the content type.
Can you tell us haw to do it with a JSP that generates a img tag in the
HTML?

Phil

------------------------------------
Netonomy
Philippe IMOUCHA
Application Group - Progam Management Director
phil@netonomy.com
49-51, rue Ganneron
75018 PARIS
France
tel: +33 (0) 1 74 30 74 03
fax: +33 (0) 1 74 30 74 41
mobile: +33 (0) 6 11 48 35 34
------------------------------------
-----Original Message-----
From: webtest-admin@lists.canoo.com
[mailto:webtest-admin@lists.canoo.com] On Behalf Of Dierk Koenig
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 15:25
To: webtest@lists.canoo.com
Subject: RE: [Webtest] Click-o-matic issues

> I am now getting a chance to look at Click-o-matic.  When I run it
through
my application, the find that the first page displays fine.  When I go
any of the additional pages, my graphics start to break.    The images
are
scrambled in places and others are missing.

Chances are your server sends the images without proper content-type
response header.
For convenience we assume text/html then which results in images being
sent
as text :-(
It appears we need more logic here.

> Is there a way in the log to display each incoming request, not just
the
ones being processed by Click-o-matic?

I guess by "log" you mean the GUI textarea. This area will only display
processed pages.
There is another log that gets written to the console window displaying
more
of the
technical information.
You can configure how much you want to see here by (un)commenting the
lines
in the
log4j.properties file that you will find in the Click-O-Mat.jar. see
also
http://webtest-community.canoo.com/wiki/space/Click-O-Mat/Features
Logging.

> Also, can you handle multiple request streams at the same time?

We currently don't to keep things simple (esp. debugging) in the alpha
cycle.
We know that we face some performance drain by processing requests
in strict sequence. However, there are a lot of difficult issues to
consider
when going multithreaded.

Do you need this feature for a special purpose?

cheers