[Webtest] Click-o-matic issues

Dierk Koenig webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 18:28:56 +0200

The content-type issue is not something you deal with in the application
itself.
It is a configuration issue with either how your webapp or your server is
configured.

The server config or the WEB-INF/web.xml file of your application needs to
tell the
server what content-type to send for what kind of files.
Example of a web.xml entry:

    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>gif</extension>
        <mime-type>image/gif</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>

For production strength servers it is important have a proper mapping.
On test servers, that are not professionally managed, this is often
overseen.
Anyway, the closer your test environment is supposed to mirror your
production environment the more important it is to use production
config also on the test servers.

cheers