[Webtest] [dev] Problem with Jetty

Dierk Koenig webtest@lists.canoo.com
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:34:13 +0200

Hi Marc,

..
> If the selftests fail, jetty won't be stopped and the ant script
> will wait infinetely.

I may be wrong, but to me it seems that in the case of selftests
failing, the build proceeds but jetty is not stopped.

Anyway, I feel we should try with http://cargo.codehaus.org.
It seems to be the cleanest solution that crossed my way so far.

> Btw: I'm missing a discussion on the developments done on
> webtest. Canoo has made webtest open source but the
> development isn't really made in community. Perhaps the Canoo
> guys discuss about developments of webtest but this
> discussion is not shared.

If you have an issue that you would like to discuss,
feel free to raise the issue here.

I admit that I do not raise discussions before the first steps of
a new development. Click-O-Mat, ResultViewer, Groovy, and PropertyTable
are typical examples. I like to start with an (undiscussed) alpha
version, getting feedback and start discussions with the alpha users.
This allows everybody to see what we are talking about.
I feel that preceding discussions are fairly difficult as lots of
misconceptions arise about the topic. I also admit that I enjoy
coding more than writing.

cheers
Mittie