[Webtest] [dev] Cargo

Marc Guillemot webtest@lists.canoo.com
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:27:49 +0200

Hi Dierk,

>>>Anyway, I feel we should try with http://cargo.codehaus.org.
>>>It seems to be the cleanest solution that crossed my way so far.
>>
>>No idea as long as you don't say what you want to achieve.
>
> Cargo provides a Java API to start/stop and configure Java containers
> as well as according ant tasks.

sorry but reading again cargo's description doesn't help: you don't say what you want to achieve with this.
Cargo has different ant tasks for different containers, this mean that you need to have different ant scripts / targets
according to the container you use. In this case I don't see (in a first time) the difference with the approach I
proposed a few months ago which allowed exactly the same except that no additional cargo lib (Tomcat already has ant
tasks that do the job) was needed.

Marc.