[Webtest] [dev] Cargo

Dierk Koenig webtest@lists.canoo.com
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:14:54 +0200

I'd like to achieve
- start/stop a self-contained server (jetty)
- allow usage of other containers (tomcat), especially for your convenience
:-)
- minimize custom-made logic for the above

..
> Cargo has different ant tasks for different containers,

yes. I think this is a downside of Cargo. They should put it in an
attribute.

> this mean
> that you need to have different ant scripts / targets
> according to the container you use.

Hm, not sure. There may be ways of dynamic invocation but for the price of
clarity (and that's what we are trying to achieve in the end).

> In this case I don't see (in
> a first time) the difference with the approach I
> proposed a few months ago which allowed exactly the same except
> that no additional cargo lib (Tomcat already has ant
> tasks that do the job) was needed.

No difference in functionality.
But all containers can use the same logic for the start/stop/config.

Maybe this benefit doesn't pull the weight of 160k.

cheers
Mittie