[Webtest] OutOfMemoryError

webtest@lists.canoo.com webtest@lists.canoo.com
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:04:38 -0700

--=_alternative 006E4A4C88256F18_=

Try using:  ANT_OPTS = -server

"Greg Vatman" <greg.vatman@paymap.com>
Sent by: webtest-admin@lists.canoo.com
09/23/2004 12:48 PM
Please respond to webtest

         To:    webtest@gate2.canoo.com
        cc:
        Subject:        [Webtest] OutOfMemoryError

I'm attemping to run about 35 automated test cases, but I keep getting an
OutOfMemoryError exception.  These functional tests are pretty large and
have many steps involved.  I've tried increasing the JVM heap size using
-Xms and -Xmx (in ANT_OPTS), but it doesn't help.
The memory error always seems to occur after the 28th test (at which point
a little over 2000 test steps have been executed).
I've check the mail archive and checked for previous issues:
 * showhtmlparseroutput is set to false
 * &definition; is only used in the main test suite file
 * using the latest version of Ant (1.6.2) and WebTest (507)
Is anyone having success running a large set of tests with many steps?
Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
- Greg

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited.  Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.

--=_alternative 006E4A4C88256F18_=

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited.  Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.<br>
</P>
--=_alternative 006E4A4C88256F18_=--