[Webtest] More groovy questions/help needed

Michael Knapp webtest@lists.canoo.com
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 12:05:36 -0700

Hi,

Having lots of fun with the groovy console.  Unfortunately, actually
using groovy step still is frustrating....

1.  How can I access groovy output from groovy step?  All I see in the
shell when running the webetst is=20
   [groovy]  INFO (com.canoo.webtest.steps.Step) - >>>> Start Step:
groovy "<unknown>" (5/7)

My groovy step is trying to output values via:
out.println "f is  ${f}"
println "f is  ${f}"

2.  it seems any time I try anything more complex, groovy throws an
error like the following:

--
[groovy] groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method
Script1.group() is applicable for argument types:

This happens for assorted methods, and even for code I'm lifting
directly from
http://webtest-community.canoo.com/wiki/space/Groovy/GroovyStep
Like:

print 'methods of step:'
print group(step.class.methods)
print 'properties of step:' print group(step.allProperties())

Do I need import statements or something?

If anyone has ANY working groovy steps, could you send em my way just so
I have more examples to learn from? =20

Many thanks,

mike