[Webtest] Question on followFrame

Bernhard Sehorz webtest@lists.canoo.com
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 08:16:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!

> does <followFrame name="_top" /> work? I'm not sure but, if it isn't
> the
> case, it would be interesting to implement as it sounds quite
> "natural".

Unfortunately, "_top" doesn't work. And, yeah, I also thought that it's
natural, so I'm pretty surprised that such a functionality is obviously
missing.

> Otherwise you can perhaps use <previousResponse/> if you haven't
> performed
> any action in your frame.

That's not an option either, since I'm following the iframe coming from
an other iframe. Besides, the application I'd like to test often
involves making actions in an iframe.

It's a pity that there's no way for "upward" navigation in (i)frames.
I'm currently evaluating WebTest among other web testing tools and that
missing feature won't make it easy for me to convince people to use
Webtest even though it looks nice to me.

Regards
Bernhard