[Webtest] Validating all php generated html code?

Paatsch, Bernd webtest@lists.canoo.com
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 19:32:12 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C65848.4AE3C781

Hello webtest.

I got a new interesting assignment, to validate all html code of all our
products. Doing this manual would take me a very long time. Thus I seek an
automated solution and wonder if anybody has done something similar? Here is
what I think needs to be done:

1. Generate each html page possible (the html code is created by MySQL and
php scripts). It would be great to have a web crawler clicking each link at
the web-site and saving the generated html-file.

2. Validating all the html files

Has anybody done something like this? Any ideas regarding what tools to use?
Any recommendations, ideas, etc?

Thanks for your help.
Bernd

------_=_NextPart_001_01C65848.4AE3C781

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.2658.2">
<TITLE>Validating all php generated html code?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">Hello webtest. </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">I got a new interesting =
assignment, to validate all html code of all our products. Doing this =
manual would take me a very long time. Thus I seek an automated =
solution and wonder if anybody has done something similar? Here is what =
I think needs to be done:</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">1. Generate each html page =
possible (the html code is created by MySQL and php scripts). It would =
be great to have a web crawler clicking each link at the web-site and =
saving the generated html-file.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">2. Validating all the html =
files</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">Has anybody done something like =
this? Any ideas regarding what tools to use?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">Any recommendations, ideas, =
etc? </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">Thanks for your help. </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">Bernd </FONT>
</P>
<BR>
<BR>

</BODY>