[Webtest] Need the traceback for an unexpected exception

Marc Guillemot webtest@lists.canoo.com
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 00:03:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Janet,

> The results file shows only
>
> com.canoo.webtest.engine.StepExecutionException
> Unexpected exception caught: java.lang.StackOverflowError
>
> How can I get the traceback?

Google is your friend:

> Also, at one point I had my webtest log directed to a file. I can't for
> the life
> of me remember how I did that or find the information in the docs. What do
> need to change?
> (The webtest log in the console didn't show the traceback info, so it
> won't help
> in the above case, but would like to know for the future.)

Webtest uses log4j therefore you need to configure a file appender (for
instance in log4j.properties) to get the log written in a file (see
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/manual.html)

Sent from the WebTest forum at Nabble.com.