[Webtest] Question on followFrame

Bernhard Sehorz webtest@lists.canoo.com
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:09:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!

> in fact the top window surrounding your frames is not a... frame and
> followFrame is not the right step for this purpose.
> You should try selectWindow [1] with name="". I still agree that it
> would be
> nice and natural to use _top in this case. Can you open an issue in
> Jira for
> it?
>
> Marc.

<selectWindow name="" /> does indeed work but unfortunately I encounter
other problems: WebTest tells me that there is only one link in a page
where there should be more. I'll have to investigate that.

On opening an issue: I don't know what Jira is ...

> PS: webtest is an open source project, if you're missing something,
> you can
> implement it yourself and propose it to the webtest committers (this
> is
> exactly the way I became committer).

Yes, I know I may implement something myself ;-). The question is: Do I
have enough time to do so and/or is my manager willing to let me work
on that ...

Greetings
Bernhard