[Webtest] calling javascript functions

Marc Guillemot webtest@lists.canoo.com
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 00:18:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi John,

as far as I know, htmlunit does support timer. Improvements have been made
in this area (still not included with webtest, but you can build htmlunit
from source) in particular with a ThreadManager that should allow to
"control the time" if I correctly remember.

You can use for instance a Groovy step to call by yourself from Webtest a
JavaScript function in the current page (you can hide the logic in an ant
macro). Ideally would be to have a dedicated step for this purpose but it
seems that nobody needed it enough until now to implement this
functionnality.

Concerning just-in time property evaluation, this is a major refactoring
job: roughly speaking this requires that the tasks are not instantiated and
configured too early anymore, which requires that we work with
UnknownElement rather than with the Webtest steps. This implies that the way
the reporting is performed gets changed. I'm currently working on the first
step of these changes: the reporting. The whole refactoring may be ready
first in a few weeks and will bring other advantages besides the just-in
time property evaluation.

Sent from the WebTest forum at Nabble.com.