[Webtest] problem with NT authentication

Michael Dunn webtest@lists.canoo.com
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 13:44:12 -0700

no, I had not used the username and password attributes of the invoke
task. I added them in and re-ran the test. it still fails and here is
the debug information:

   [invoke] DEBUG (org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector) -
enter HttpMethodBase.processAuthenticationResponse(HttpState,
HttpConnection)
   [invoke] DEBUG
(org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthChallengeProcessor) - Using
authentication scheme: ntlm
   [invoke] DEBUG
(org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthChallengeProcessor) -
Authorization challenge processed
   [invoke] DEBUG (org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector) -
Authentication scope: NTLM <any realm>@ts09utl:80
   [invoke] DEBUG (org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector) -
Credentials required
   [invoke] DEBUG
(com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.DefaultCredentialsProvider) - Already
answered for ntlm null ts09utl:80 false returning null
   [invoke] INFO (org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector) -
Failure authenticating with NTLM <any realm>@ts09utl:80
   [invoke] DEBUG (httpclient.wire.content) - << "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC
"-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">[\r][\n]"

the defaultcredentialsprovider line is different this time than without
the username and password. the previous run without these had this debug
information:
   [invoke] DEBUG
(com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.DefaultCredentialsProvider) - No
credential found for ntlm null ts09utl:80 false
   [invoke] INFO (org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector) - No
credentials available for NTLM <any realm>@ts09utl:80

I am running these tests under Eclipse. I am not very familiar with this
IDE, so all I have done is turn debug in the log4j.properties file. if
there is a way to actually set watch variables, then let me know.

I also forgot to say that I am using ant 1.6.5 and webtest 2.0 R_1217

let me know if you need more.

later,
mikey=20

Michael Dunn=20