[Webtest] Front-end App for canoo

Marc Guillemot webtest@lists.canoo.com
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 02:11:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ian,

> This is probably a popular question....I'm guessing.

actually not

> I'm a big fan of canoo, and I'd like to know if there is a front-end
> available for Canoo, for creating and running tests?  Either webapp or
> rich client.  I would like my product manager to enter tests when
> necessary and see them run immediately, and also see the existing
> suite of tests.

the Canoo Company will surely be happy to know that you're a fan of them ;-)

Concerning Webtest, except Calypso, nothing has been presented here to offer
a kind of IDE.

Until now 4 recorders have been presented in the mailing list (I hope beeing
able to present a new one next week) but remember that recording has to be
used carefully: if you don't refactor your tests to reuse common parts, you
will get a high duplication and the maintenance will be expensive.

Tests can be started from the command line or from your prefered IDE.
Perhaps could it be a way for your product manager depending on what you
await from him.

> I have taken a look at Calypso (from the webtest wiki), but it does
> not seem very mature, correct me here if necessary.

Personally I don't use it I don't think that this the right direction for a
"Webtest IDE".

Sent from the WebTest forum at Nabble.com.