[Webtest] Change from cvs to subversion?

Denis N. Antonioli webtest@lists.canoo.com
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:41:16 +0200

Deare Developers

I've upgraded over the last month the infrastructure we used to
develop WebTest:
we're now using the latest versions of CruiseControl, of Jira and of
Fisheye.

How about moving our repository to subversion? It would be nice to be
able to
move file around without losing the file's history...

On the infrastructure side, extensions for Jira and Fisheye have to
be installed,
cruisecontrol's build script must change to use svn instead of cvs,
and the content
of the repository must be moved.

Is subversion desirable?
Do you think it is worth the effort?
Are there any other infrastructure tasks to do?
When would you, as a developer, have the time to change your work
environment?

Best
	dna

--
The proper function of a man is to live, not to exist.
   -- J. London