[Webtest] Deprecate verifyTextArea and promote verifyInputField?

Marc Guillemot webtest@lists.canoo.com
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:47:37 +0200

Hi,

currently to set the value of a textarea, we have to use setInputField
[1] which allows to set text and password inputs as well as textarea.

To verify the value of a textarea, we have to use verifyTextArea [2]
because verifyInputField [3] doesn't work on textarea (but works on
inputs of type text, password as well as - not checked, but I'm quite
sure - checkbox, radio, submit and cancel).

I think that it is unnecessary inconsistant and that:
- verifyInputField should be improved to work on textarea
- verifyTextArea should be deprecated

Any thoughts?

Marc.

[1] http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/manual/setInputField.html