[Webtest] Generating Suite Reports

Troy McGuire webtest@lists.canoo.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 16:17:57 -0700

Having a history with Webtest for only a few days now, I'm figuring out
how to generate usable reports from the tests.  I did get a
"results.xml" file generated in "webtest-results" after a test run (for
some reason, using resultpath="results" did not generate a "results.xml"
in my "results" directory).  So I started looking into using XSL to make
the output pretty.

Then I realized that I really only want a few elements from that file
(like test name, result, and timestamp), but want those same elements
from each XML file generated from running a suite of tests.  Before
starting to code something up in PHP (what we mostly use here) to handle
this, I decided to check out the Webtest docs to make sure I wasn't
missing some function that does this for me.

That's when I noticed the "Editor's Pick" from the wiki.  Does either of
the "GUI for recording, editing, and viewing reports", or the "Result
Viewer" handle this scenario?  btw, I tried following the link (
http://webtest.canoo.com/testrunner/index.html ) at the bottom of the
"Result Viewer" page (
http://webtest-community.canoo.com/wiki/space/ResultViewer ), but the
link is broken.

What do most users do for their reporting needs with Webtest?