[Webtest] Anyone using Webtest and SSL?

Troy McGuire webtest@lists.canoo.com
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 14:05:15 -0700

My specific issue, I think, is in regards to creating/using a trusted
keystore.  I have followed the directions using keytool, but still
received errors.  Marc Guillemot directed me to:

http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/reports/selftest/WebTestReport.html#testspec213

So, I copied and pasted portions from that to my script, which appears
to be a different implementation of what I already had, but I did get a
different error.  Prior to making that change the error I was getting was:

***************************
[invoke]  INFO (com.canoo.webtest.steps.Step) - Exception thrown from
this class: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException
[invoke]  INFO (com.canoo.webtest.steps.Step) - Message was:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to
find valid certification path to requested target
***************************

After pasting/replacing some of the items from the link that Marc gave
me I now get the following error:

***************************
  [invoke]  INFO (com.canoo.webtest.steps.Step) - Running with: Canoo
Webtest: R_1274.
  [invoke]  INFO (com.canoo.webtest.steps.Step) - Exception thrown from
this class: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException
  [invoke]  INFO (com.canoo.webtest.steps.Step) - Message was:
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed:
java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed
***************************

I've searched the web for the above error, but really didn't find
anything that let me know what the issue is.  Below are the two versions
of my script (before and after the changes I made).

***********Script yielding the first error above****************
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE project SYSTEM
"/usr/local/sbin/canoo_webtest/selftests/config/WebTest.dtd">

<project name="loginpage" basedir="." default="main">
   <property name="webtest.connectioninitializer"
value="com.canoo.webtest.security.SunJsseBaseConnectionInitializer" />
   <property name="webtest.truststore.file" value="trust.keystore" />
   <property name="webtest.truststore.passphrase" value="XXXXXX" />
   <property name="webtest.home"
location="/usr/local/sbin/canoo_webtest" />
   <import file="${webtest.home}/lib/taskdef.xml" />
     <target name="main">
       <webtest name="loginpage">
           <config
               host="secure.customerdb.com"
               port="443"
               protocol="https"
               basepath="admin"
               summary="true"
               saveresponse="true"
               resultpath="results"
               resultfile="results.xml"/>
           <steps>
               <invoke
                   description="Get Login Page"
                   url="index.php" />
               <verifyTitle
                   description="Verify Login Page Title"
                   text="Customer :: Database Administration" />
           </steps>
       </webtest>
   </target>
</project>
...and for the next/current one....
***********Script yielding the second error above****************
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE project SYSTEM
"/usr/local/sbin/canoo_webtest/selftests/config/WebTest.dtd">

<project name="tm_loginpage" basedir="." default="main">
   <property name="webtest.home"
location="/usr/local/sbin/canoo_webtest" />
   <import file="${webtest.home}/lib/taskdef.xml" />
   <target name="callBaseHttps">
       <antcall target="https">
           <param name="webtest.port" value="${webtest.ssl.port}"/>
           <param name="webtest.protocol" value="https"/>
           <param name="webtest.truststore.file" value="trust.keystore"/>
           <param name="webtest.truststore.passphrase" value="XXXXXX"/>
           <param name="webtest.connectioninitializer"
value="com.canoo.webtest.security.SunJsseBaseConnectionInitializer"/>
           <param name="webtest.keystore.alias" value=""/>
       </antcall>
   </target>
   <target name="main">
       <webtest name="tm_loginpage">
           <config
               host="secure.customer.com"
               port="443"
               protocol="https"
               basepath="admin"
               summary="true"
               resultfile="results.xml"/>
           <steps>
               <invoke
                   description="Get Login Page"
                   url="index.php" />
               <verifyTitle
                   description="Verify Login Page Title"
                   text="Customer :: Dealer Database Administration" />
           </steps>
       </webtest>
   </target>
</project>