[Webtest] Anyone using Webtest and SSL?

Denis N. Antonioli webtest@lists.canoo.com
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:19:17 +0200

Hi

On 24 avr. 06, at 23:05, Troy McGuire wrote:

> After pasting/replacing some of the items from the link that Marc
> gave me I now get the following error:
>
> ***************************
>  [invoke]  INFO (com.canoo.webtest.steps.Step) - Running with:
> Canoo Webtest: R_1274.
>  [invoke]  INFO (com.canoo.webtest.steps.Step) - Exception thrown
> from this class: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException
>  [invoke]  INFO (com.canoo.webtest.steps.Step) - Message was:
> sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation
> failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp
> check failed
> ***************************
>
> I've searched the web for the above error, but really didn't find
> anything that let me know what the issue is.

I kind of remember having met such errors in the distant past...
Is it possible that one of the certificates involved has expired?

Java's security package has many logging and debugging parameters.
You may try to make the ssl handshake more verbose to get a better
idea of where the error is coming from.
For the possible logging options, see
<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/jsse/
JSSERefGuide.html>

Best
	dna

--
Never underestimate the power of denial.
   -- Ricky Fitts, American beauty