[Webtest] Hide password in results and reports

webtest@lists.canoo.com webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:45:00 +0200

Dear Mittie,

thanks for the suggestion. If I understand it correctly (I do not know ant
and webtest that well yet), this will remove the password only from the
generated reports, but not from the results xml file. Thus, evryone who can
read the results xml file would be able to read my password.
The password is set through the following instruction:

<setinputfield name="password" value="${login.ok.password}" stepid=""/>

and the input field is of type password.
It would be great if there were a possibility to not record that action in
the results file directly. Or did I missunderstand your suggestion in that
it is possible to apply the <replace> task to the results file directly,
modifying it in place?

Thanks,
Stefan

                      "Dierk Koenig"
                      <dierk.koenig@cano        To:       <webtest@lists.canoo.com>
                      o.com>                    cc:       (bcc: Stefan Grzybek/PH/Novartis)
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  RE: [Webtest] Hide password in results and reports
                      webtest-admin@list
                      s.canoo.com               Category:       |-------------------------|
                                                                | ( ) Action needed       |
                                                                | ( ) Decision needed     |
                      28-04-2006 12:49                          | ( ) General Information |
                      Please respond to                         |-------------------------|
                      webtest

Hi Stefan,

welcome to Canoo WebTest.

Have you already seen your pw in the report?
What is the name of the input field that submits the
password?

If all else fails, you can call the ant <replace> task
after running the tests and before styling the html
report to replace your pw with "***" or such.

cheers

[...]